13,155 posts in this topic

Posted

BEREN SAAT

Header.jpg

Beren Saat (born 26 February 1984 in Ankara) is a Turkish actress

Beren Saat finished her primary and secondary education at TED Ankara College after which she went to Başkent University to study Business Administration. While at university, she participated in the TV competition Türkiye’nin Yıldızları where she finished runner up.

After appearing in a series of candy commercials, Saat made her television debut in Aşkımızda Ölüm Var where she played Ece Uslu's sister. In 2004, she acted in Aşkımızda Ölüm Var and in 2005, she had her first lead role in Aşka Sürgün. Then she played the lead Yasemin ünsal in Tomris Giritlioğlu's Hatırla Sevgili which gave her nationwide fame.

In 2008, she again collaborated with Giritlioğlu in the film Güz Sancısı (Pains of Autumn). The same year Saat played Bihter YÖreoğlu in an adaptation of Halit Ziya Uşaklıgil's classic novel Aşk-ı Memnu set in the modern day. She won back to back Golden Butterfly Awards for Best Actress for her performance. Saat also acted as the lead in director Serdar Akar's film Gecenin Kanatları (Wings of the Night) released in December 2009.

By Turkish accounts, she is considered to be one of the most beautiful and desired actresses in the country.

She is currently playing in TV Show titled as "Fatmagul'un Sucu ne?" as Fatmagul(2011) which has one of the highest TV show ratings in Turkey. She plays the role of a young girl whose life gets turned upside down after she is raped by strangers.

Header2.jpg

Filmography

Aşkımızda Ölüm Var (2004)
Aşka Sürgün (2005)
Hatırla Sevgili (2006)
Güz Sancısı (2008)
Aşk-ı Memnu (2008-2010)
Gecenin Kanatları (2009)
Oyuncak Hikayesi 3 (2010)
Fatmagül'ün Suçu Ne? (2010-2012)
Rhinos Season (2011)
Yaseminler Tüter Mi Hala ? (2012)

Commercials

TOFITA (2004)
REXONA (2010-2011)
PATOS (2010-2011)

Performer Profile

Height: 1 m 67
Weight: 50 kg
Physique: Slim
Hair Color: Brown
Hair Length: Long
Eyes: Green

Performer Skills

Performance Skills: Singing, Dancing, Voiceover
Athletic Skills: Tennis
Spoken Languages: English, Spanish, Turkish
Dance: Tango

Posted

Yesterday in Kanyon shopping center

270836_248610698489580_151683678182283_1123168_3653857_n.jpg

Posted

Ayvalik Magazin, july 2011 cover

264818_183245395069492_166726363388062_514362_2569821_n.jpg

264349_248699905147326_151683678182283_1123842_4624223_n.jpg

Posted

BEREN SAAT

Performer Profile

Height: 1 m 67

Weight: 50 kg

Physique: Slim

Hair Color: Brown

Hair Length: Long

Eyes: Green

Performer Skills

Performance Skills: Singing, Dancing, Voiceover

Athletic Skills: Tennis

Spoken Languages: English, Spanish, Turkish

Dance: Tango

she is talented not in just acting ! ;) i wonder why they have her eyes noted down as "green" when they are hazel

neyse her eyes are amazing :)

Posted

she is talented not in just acting ! ;) i wonder why they have her eyes noted down as "green" when they are hazel

neyse her eyes are amazing :)

beren s tango & dancing skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRVzkmqIsIk

Posted

Fatmagül & Kerim- Evlerinin önü mersin (Episode 32)

Download the MP3 :

http://www.4shared.com/audio/uBpkmcMA/Fatmagl__Kerim-_Evlerinin_n_me.html

fsn-32-1.JPG

Explanation posted by Kristen

Just received a wonderful new translation from a very kind person from the region of Turkiye where the song originates. Wonderful detailed look at the culture of this time. Many thanks for the translator's generous contribution.

"Evlerinin onu mersin(Literally "in front of their house, there is a mersin tree)

Mersin is a kind of tree as well as a city in Southern Turkey, but here it is the tree. This line is a "filler" which is common in Turkish folklore poems. It sets up a rhyme for the next lines, so may not mean much. But here actually it does. You have to understand the circumstances under which this song was written, a century ago in a small village in Turkey where life was strictly conservative and it's not like you could exactly go and ask someone out. Dating or unmarried love was punishable and unacceptable. Here he is actually giving a hint of who the song is about, or who he is secretly in love with, in hopes she may hear the song and figure out that he is in love. How is that for a start

Ah sular icmem gadinim, tersin ah tersin(I don't drink water, my woman, you are sweating and sweating)

He is watching her from a distance, possibly at hard labor on a field and is sorry for her suffering under the sun. Out of symphaty he cannot drink water while she is suffering(look this is my interpretation, may be totally off, but i do not know what else it could mean. About "gadinim" xoNura is right on the spot ; it is the local way of saying "kadinim", =my woman))

Mevlam seni bana versin (May God give you to me) not much to say on this

Al hanceri gadinim, vur ben oleyim(Take the dagger, my woman, stab me, let me die)

Ah kapinizda bidanem kul ben olayim(or let me be a servant/slave at your door)

So this whole part is saying, basically, as long as God (Mevlam means my God, or My Allah) will give you to me, I'll accept anything, I am yours, you can make me a slave at your door, or just kill me , I am willing for anything , only if I can be yours and you can be mine. Now this part is fantastic when it is said in Turkish, and brings tears to my eyes sometimes.

Evlerinin onu susam (In front of their house there is a sesame tree/bush) again, hinting at who the loved one is, without giving her name but kind of her address

Ah su bulsam da gadinim, cevremi yusam (If only I could find some water, and clean/wash my cevre) a "Cevre" is a traditional scarf like cloth men (used to) wear around their head.He is possibly a poor kid, (otherwise he would just ask her father for her hand in marriage and this song would never come to be, so unfortunate for him, fortunate for the rest of us). He is a worker, a simple farmer, and he is embarrassed of his dirty "cevre" while passing in front of her house.

Acsam yuzunu, baksam dursam(Only if I could unveil your face and stare and stare) This is key. In a traditional rural turkish wedding, she would definitely wear a veil and conceal her face, until after the wedding night, when they are finally alone, the groom gives her a gift, maybe a jewel or gold, and ceremonially unveils her face, and they have their first night together. Here he is saying, if that ever happened, I would just stare at your face (instead of making love to you) and that would be enough for me. I just want to stare and stare at your face...

The rest is the same as above Now a little more info on this:

So this song, is also called Isparta Zeybegi. It was "discovered" in the 1940 s in Gonen, Isparta by Mustafa Sarisozen, a monumental figure in Turkish folk music, who was a music major that was appointed by the government to travel around the nation and "collect " unknown folk songs.He heard it from a man called Kadir Acar, also nicknamed Kadir Cavus (sergeant Kadir) and captured the lyrics and put the song in notation, so generations can enjoy it.I do not know if Kadir wrote it, or he just knew it and played and sang it to Sarisozen. Most "Turku"s do not have a known composer.

For my money, one of the best interpretations of this fantastic song is by Okan Murat Ozturk, on youtube, check it out."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLNs8vagx10

Posted

Thank you Gullie....Can you please post this in Video section as well?? :D

Posted

Thank you Gullie....Can you please post this in Video section as well?? :D

OK done... though it's not a video :unsure:

70d5fe6d.jpg

Posted

Sorry if this pics have been reposted in the past :D !

post-12-0-56384700-1310043412_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-40632200-1310043425_thumb.jpg

From the premiere of Autumn's wounds at Athens. :)

Posted

70d5fe6d.jpg

she is a natural beauty ;)

Posted

Thanks Peri !

In Lebanon they have started showing a (very) few Turkish movies (dubbed in arabic of course)

she is a natural beauty ;)

Yes she is. They barely apply base on her face in Fatmagul.

Posted

Thanks Peri !

In Lebanon they have started showing a (very) few Turkish movies (dubbed in arabic of course)

Well back then none knew who she was...Well even now very few people know who she is..we haven't seen any of her work here! :P

They released this movie because the history inside is a part of Greek history too.. ;) !

Posted

Well back then none knew who she was...Well even now very few people know who she is..we haven't seen any of her work here! :P

They released this movie because the history inside is a part of Greek history too.. ;) !

Yes you told me that they haven't shown Ask-i memnu yet. They probably won't, right ?

Posted

OK done... though it's not a video :unsure:

70d5fe6d.jpg

She looks beautiful there.....is that from the holidays???

LOL i wanted to add the video as well....so this info would have been nice with the video hehehe :D

Posted

Yes you told me that they haven't shown Ask-i memnu yet. They probably won't, right ?

ok now I found this thread so good for me,I love the pics u posted (the new ones )she looks so pretty and natural B)

Posted

Yes it's a new picture from her latest holiday

Posted

I stole it from Asu :P

Posted

I stole it from Asu :P

hey u little thieve, :P lol steat away my dear

Posted

I have to post this vidoe is one of my favs,I posted before but what the heck,that was long time at the old forum lol

Posted

check this one out very powerful and the song is great:0